Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of AML Compliance Officer to be attached to Mobile Money Guyana Inc. (mmg+)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Accounting, Law or Economics or related/equivalent
- 5+ years of experience and/or training in a Financial Services Organization specifically
with experience in AML Compliance, Auditing, or Risk Management.
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering designation would be an asset in addition to AMLA
- Postgraduate qualifications in any of the above fields would be an asset.
The AML Compliance Officer is responsible development, implementation and maintenance of the Company’s AML compliance policies and procedures, training of all employees and agents, reporting and record keeping requirements, regular reviews and updates to the policies and procedures and liaising with regulators regarding compliance-related matters.
- Develops, initiates, maintains, and revises AML/CFT policies and procedures for the general
- Acts as an independent review and evaluation body to ensure that compliance issues and concerns within the organization are being appropriately evaluated, investigated, and resolved.
- Consults with General Counsel or seeks Legal advice as needed to resolve legal compliance issues.
- Develops and oversees a system for uniform handling of such violations.
- Provides reports on a regular basis, and as directed or requested, keeps the Compliance Committee, the Board and senior management informed of the operation and progress of
- Manages day-to-day operation of the Program ensuring compliance at all times.
The successful applicant will receive an attractive remuneration & benefits package.
Applications should be submitted:
- By email to [email protected] with the subject line: “APPLICATION – AML Compliance Officer – MMG”
- Online through the Careers Tab at www.mmg.gy ;
to reach no later than June 9th, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.