Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Assistant Accountant to be attached to Mobile Money Guyana Inc. (mmg+)
- Completion of Level 2 ACCA or other equivalent professional accounting certification is preferred: or Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics or related field
- 3+ years of related experience.
- Demonstrated skills to independently plan and conduct non-routine financial analysis or reporting projects.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc) applications
- Ability to deal with advanced problems involving multiple facets and variables in standardized or specialty situations.
The incumbent will provide support to the reporting manager and the wider finance team. The Assistant Accountant is also a key member of the finance team responsible for the finalization of month and year-end accounts.
- Prepare, post and collect intercompany invoices, commission invoices and all other service provided invoices.
- Responsible for the reconciliation of cash in bank on a monthly basis; including but not limited to posting all accounting entries, and providing adequate explanations for reconciling items.
- Liaising with internal divisions within finance as well as user departments.
- Ensuring that guidelines and policies around cash processes are adequate and effective.
- To ensure that all key accounts are reconciled and reviewed each month ensuring segregation of duties.
The successful applicant will receive an attractive remuneration & benefits package.
Applications should be submitted:
- By email to [email protected] with the subject line: “APPLICATION – Assistant Accountant – MMG”
- Online through the application form ;or
- Submitted by hand addressed to the Director HR, Mobile Money Guyana Inc. c/o GTT 79 Brickdam, Georgetown, to reach no later than June 4th 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.