Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Technical Strategy Manager to be attached to Mobile Money Guyana Inc. (mmg+)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology, or a related field. A master’s degree is a plus.
- Proven experience (5+ years) as a Technical Strategy Manager, Product Owner, or similar role in the Fintech or mobile payments industry.
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle, SQL server
- Solid understanding of mobile money systems, mobile banking, payment gateways, and related technologies.
- Strong technical acumen with the ability to effectively communicate with developers and technical teams.
- Demonstrated success in managing the end-to-end product development lifecycle.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills with a data-driven approach
The Technical Strategy Manager will be responsible for driving the development and enhancement of our mobile money platform and application, ensuring its seamless integration with various systems, and delivering exceptional user experiences to our customers. The Technical Strategy Manager will be responsible for managing a team of technical professionals
(locally and overseas), overseeing technical projects, implementing robust security measures, and driving technological advancements to support our growing business needs.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive Technical strategy aligned with the company’s overall objectives, ensuring technology supports business growth and operational efficiency.
- Collaborate with senior management and stakeholders to define technology initiatives, budget requirements, and investment decisions.
- Forward plan release windows and cycles across all systems and applications
- Lead and manage a team of technical professionals (internal and external to the company).
- Foster a positive and collaborative team culture, encouraging professional development and knowledge sharing among team members.
- Managing team workload through a combination of ticketing system and scheduled releases
- Develop and implement robust information security policies, procedures, and controls to safeguard company data, systems, and customer information.
- Conduct regular security audits and risk assessments to identify vulnerabilities, address potential threats.
The successful applicant will receive an attractive remuneration & benefits package.
Applications should be submitted:
- By email to [email protected] with the subject line: “APPLICATION – Technical Strategy Manager – MMG”
- Online through the Careers Tab at www.mmg.gy ;
to reach no later than September 8th, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.